Plukky will be discussing LIVE ON YOUTUBE the PROS and CONS of CATAMARAN versus MONOHULLS this Friday (3rd of July) 7PM Panama.
On the previous lifestream we said we would have an episode discussing this subject although we went through the footage and realized it was of a quality that didn’t fit in to “the nothing but quality” mantra. So we decided to discuss it live. The topics will be safety, ways to save money, performance, comfort, costs and that’s right chickability…
Live stream time|
Friday 3rd July
* 7 PM Panama (Eastern standard time)
* 8 PM New York
* 5 PM California (Pacific daylight time)
Saturday 4th July:
*1 AM London
* 10AM Sydney
Bring your burning questions 🔥 See you tomorrow!
We have to leave Nuevo Cay but we delay it as long as possible in order to get food and stock up. But when we search for another reef it isn’t where it is supposed to be on the charts. We have to heave-to and wait for better light but it doesn’t look good even after 4 hours.
We set sail for a reef in the middle of nowhere, 272 nautical miles off the coast of Nicaragua. We have no sailing guide so we rely on dodgy charts to get close but as usual the charts are out by a mile or 2. We get in with very little sunlight left with no one around but not known to us then there are 2 surprises for us.
Our relationship gets to a breaking point. The strain of the past couple of weeks with Margarida’s seasickness, lack of sleep and anxiety about where we can sail to be safe is causing grief. There is a solution but it seems they can’t be found out in the middle of nowhere.
We have just been kicked out of Haiti now too. So after being kicked out of Cuba 2 weeks ago, finding no refuge in Domincian Republic, Haiti is just the icing on the cake. Where can we go now? It seems hopeless but with some good skills and common sense we may finally find a place to stay, it is a pity that we have had no sleep for a week and that our skill and common sense level are at an all time low but blind stupid optimism has been know to work…
The second episode of the series Coronavirus is out and about, check it out!
After a failed attempt to get into the Dominican Republic we are still stuck at sea with no where to go, but our faith is bigger and we try again.
This is the beginning of a series of episodes that shows what happened to us during the corona virus crisis.
The corona virus can hit you in a number of ways…one you can contract the disease and have to suffer and possibly die or it can effect you like it did us…you can be caught out on a boat being kicked out of one country and before you are able to get into another country, everything goes into lockdown and you simply cant get back in. This series of episodes tells you what happened to us in the Caribbean, normally a very open and friendly place, but in the blink of an eye…everything changed.
If you liked our new SWAG head to the shop: https://teespring.com/stores/sailing-into-freedom and grab yours!
70 days from our last supplies and 46 days of forced exile we were one of the few boats caught out since we had checked out of Cuba and hadn’t arrived in Jamaica before the lockdowns came into effect. With no information and seemingly nowhere to go in this messy nasty virus situation we did the best we could.
Now in Bocas del Toro, Panama doing our 14 days quarantine on the boat.
We currently have the first video of a series of episodes of our 70 days of exile on Patreon, so if you are a Patron head to the page: https://www.patreon.com/sailingintofreedom and check it out 😉!